Monday 3 March 2014

Pasta with White Beans, Tomatoes, Spinach, and Pesto

I was feeling a bit lazy and hadn't really thought about taking anything out for dinner, so I looked around to see what I had in the pantry and fridge. I had pasta, I had tomatoes, and some leftover pesto that I used for another recipe.  Hmmmm.... Here's what I came up with :

Ingredients:

1 pint of grape tomatoes, cut into thirds
1/2 cup of minced onion
One 14 oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup of gluten free chicken broth
1 cup of chopped spinach (more if you like)
1/4 cup of gluten free or homemade pesto
1/2 of a 475g package of your favorite gluten free pasta
Salt and pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan



Method|

Start making your pasta according to the package directions. I always add a bit of salt and a touch of olive oil to the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together.

Meanwhile:

Sauté onion in a bit of olive oil until tender , add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are starting to soften. Add the chicken broth, white beans, and spinach. Simmer until the sauce is thickened a  little.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto until combined.  You can add more pesto to your own taste.





Rinse pasta, and add to tomato pesto mixture. Toss then serve immediately. Top with freshly grated Parmesan and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment